Friday, December 2, 2011

Cycle 2: Reflection Statement

Cycle 2 turned out more or less how I planned. I was able to shadow a number of clips from various sources (some music, some 日本のえいが, some アニメ). I was also able to submit approximately two shadowing recordings per week to しばた先生. The feedback was helpful as always, and she even complimented me on some of my work! Hopefully this means I really am improving, and that this method of practicing is producing results.

Some intonation details are starting to become slightly tricky, especially when I need to speak quickly. The introduction of the plain form and asking questions by only manipulating pitch instead of adding か might be a challenge, but I'll certainly try my best!

For Cycle 3 I will continue the same plan as before, viewing clips of Japanese movies or videos and shadowing the parts that seem reasonably paced. More みやざき films, of course! I will also try to submit 1-2 extra shadowing recordings per week to しばた先生 to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment